Playing Richard in Shakespeare’s Richard III for Fury Theatre’s summer production in Chicago, June 1-17.
One condition I made with myself if I were cast in a play is that I would put everything else (non-paying work) on hold, to keep my sanity and relationships afloat. So, I kinda had to blow up my Q2 goals for now. 🙂
- Developing customized online solutions, including websites, membership sections and courses, and other online support for small businesses. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss a project.
- Recording audiobooks for self-published authors, and articles for online writers.
- Continuing to run the 30 Day Meditation Challenge eCourse, which is free (join now!).
- Will produce three episodes of a podcast about classical theatre, to see how it goes and if I like it. (Second quarter of 2017)
- Planning to create eBook and audio versions of the Meditation Course (First half of 2017).
- The Audiobook Club
- Created a Shakespeare video project, and may continue producing these:
- Brainstorming a guide to help people learn more about and earn the Southwest Companion Pass (to me, one of the best and possibly least known about airline perk)
- Developing small travel tours to Panama or Belize
- Based more in Hyde Park, Chicago and seeing as many live and cultural things as possible.
- Still taking several trips each year. Just spent time in Austin, TX (March 2017), and have California (June), New England (July), and Denver (August) upcoming!
- Meditating daily (since 5/20/2010) and exercising regularly (Sworkit, tai chi, yoga, strength, flexibility, balance, inverted wall-assisted push-ups).
- Getting back into reading: recently completed One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (slow-going, but overall very enjoyable), Open by Andre Agassi (intriguing look behind-the-scenes), The Time Machine by HG Wells (fascinating!) and The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (really engaging!). Follow my list here.
- Documentaries and Netflix: re-watching Frasier and, most recently, Cooked, and Chef’s Table. I also highly recommend The Great British Baking Show (delightful, beautiful, and engaging). Are you seeing a trend here? Other seasons recently completed: Westworld, Santa Clarita Diet, and The Crown.
- Cooking. Lots of cooking. It’s actually one way I can really zone out and enjoy myself. And I just started baking bread after watching several season of the British Bake-off (mentioned above, available on YouTube and Netflix), and making pizza in a brick oven in the middle of the jungle!
- Playing the ukulele.
Apparently, quite a bit of theatre…
- Text/verse coach for a teenager production of Henry V with Fury Theatre in Chicago (Jan-March, 2017)
- Directed a reading of Bertolt Brecht’s The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui (November 2016)
- Helped with the publicity, dramaturgy, and text work (verse coaching) for Christopher Fry’s The Lady’s Not for Burning (October/November 2016)
- Acted in two Noel Coward plays for a staged reading (October 2016)
- TRAVEL (in 2016): Belize; London; a month in Spain (Granada, Barcelona, Madrid, Basque Country, Salamanca); five weeks in Panama City (including Bocas Del Toro); two weeks offline in Alaska (Denali and Kenai); Montreal and Massachusetts; camping in Lake Tahoe; hiking/exploring in Denver and Boulder, CO; vacation with family in Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Tampa, Gainesville, Tallahassee, and Orlando, FL
- Re-designed the Hyde Park Community Players’ website!
- Have plenty of ideas, but haven’t done anything lately with my original blog and travel site.
- Editing together videos for my healthy food/travel show (still looking at how to continue this).
- Looking to be the Healthy Houseguest
- Offering omg budget travel advice
- Coaching public speakers using Shakespeare’s advice
- Thinking of a travel hacking course (with a specific market in mind).
- Developing a possible game or app that helps you decide where to live or travel (though I’d like to get this at some point).
- Doing “VA” work—I really enjoy more creative and longer-term projects.
Updated: May 29, 2017 from Hyde Park, Chicago