Specializing in Shakespeare
Acting takes work.
Would you like to make it easier?
After my session with Nathan, my character became stronger and more believable. The more technical aspects of my delivery improved immediately and I became more aware of my own acting range. Nathan’s help was invaluable to the development of my character and I couldn’t believe how fast time flew once our session began. I can’t thank him enough for the instruction, encouragement, and shared knowledge he gave.
~ Felicia L., actress, Chicago
What you will gain from text work:
- Understand the text with greater ease and speed
- Unlock those “mysterious” clues of how to act the text
- Gain confidence and clarity in performing verse and prose
- Discover deeper character intentions and motivations — all from just reading the lines!
For directors: supporting the overall vision, telling the story clearly, and preparing the actors for rehearsals.
For actors: offering tools and techniques that will build confidence, allow for discovery, and deepen the character and rehearsal work.
- Group Workshops
- Individual Coaching Sessions (in-person or virtual)
- Full Cast and Production Support
- Also available for Dramaturgy/Production Research
- Text Coach — Henry V — Fury Theatre Teen Production, Dir. Mark Dodge
- Text Coach — The Lady’s Not for Burning — Hyde Park Community Players, Dir. Paul Baker
- Shakespeare Monologue Workshop, Hyde Park Community Players
Working with Nathan was really helpful: I felt much more natural saying my lines and things became so clear! He really opens up so many different possibilities of playing the lines, which is why I love Shakespeare. It was great, thank you!
~ Ty C., actor, Chicago
- Verse and Prose
- Thought Units
- Rhyming Verse
- Folio Punctuation and Capitalization
- Change of Address (You and Thou)
- Breathing Techniques
- The Great Chain of Being
- Discovery of Thoughts
- Clarity and Speed of Thought
- Vowel Sounds in the Text
- Vocal Energy and Projection
- Vocal Warm-Ups
Nathan is an actor, entrepreneur, and Shakespeare nerd. He has worked with actors and performed on stages in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Seattle.
Notable roles include Richard III (Richard III), Proteus (Two Gentlemen of Verona), Romeo (Romeo and Juliet), the Duke (Measure for Measure), and Septimus (Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia).
“Without Nathan, I wouldn’t have been able to do this. With his help, I knew what I was saying, and had so much more fun onstage!”
~ Nico, high school student, Chicago
- Dennis Krausnick: co-founder of Shakespeare and Company (Mass.), and instructor
- Susan Hart and Jeffrey Carlson, instructors of The Folio Technique, the foundation for Chicago Shakespeare Theatre
- University of Southern California (BA)
- Worked/studied with The Antaeus Company in Los Angeles
- Educated in Giles Block’s method, as taught at Shakespeare’s Globe, and in techniques from the Royal Shakespeare Company.